Work Permit Information

  • How to get a Work Permit?

    Work Permit Office Hours

    • Regular Hours: Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm
    • Holiday Hours
    • Summer Hours
    • Winter Hours
    • Spring Break Hours

    Work Permit Office Contact Information

    • Phone: (909)357-5000 extension 56353
    • E-mail:

    Entertainment Work Permit for Minors

    Work Environments Declared Hazardous for Minor Workers

    1. Explosive exposure
    2. Motor vehicle driving/outside helper
    3. Coal mining
    4. Logging and sawmilling
    5. Power-driven woodworking machines
    6. Radiation exposure
    7. Power-driven hoists/forklifts
    8. Power-driven metal forming, punching, and shearing machines
    9. Other mining
    10. Power-driven meat slicing/processing machines
    11. Power-baking machines
    12. Power-driven paper products/paper bailing machines
    13. Manufacturing brick, tile products
    14. Power saws and shears
    15. Wrecking, demolition
    16. Roofing
    17. Excavation operation
    18. Note: Students place of employment will be reviewed

Frequently Asked Questions

  • What is a Work Permit?

  • What are the requirements to hold a Work Permit?

  • Why must a minor have a work permit to have a job?

  • Who needs a Work Permit?

  • How many hours a week can I work with a Work Permit?

  • How long is the Work Permit valid?

  • Do I need a Work Permit if I get another job?

  • Can I have more than one employer?

  • How long will it take to get a Work Permit issued?